Our brand has been known from the beginning when SPI was born as one where we offered quality and service above all and at the highest level in everything we do and offer our clients. No one on my team would have it any other way.
* SPI is a luxury retailer, we are SEMI PRIVATE but not home based but we do operate from a " normal " commercial venue. All are welcomed.
* SPI can cover nearly all levels of high end audio, from the merely but qualitatively affordable to the insane levels ( Oxford systems and Oxford systems for small rooms ).
* As a matter of fact, SPI possesses one of the largest high end inventories in Canada.
* SPI is locally owned and privately funded.
* We have a highly dedicated team that covers all necessary areas to make your visit a productive one. We never pressure anyone to buy, never
* We offer more tube based gear than any other retailer in Canada. We are equally SET specialists and experts. We can demonstrate 90 % of all tubes available in audio. No one is even remotely close to this level of offerings.
* SPI is equally the second retailer in North America to have offered high end digital streaming systems as far back as 2006.
* We equally specialize in matching cables at all areas of costs, and possess most likely the largest cable inventory in the world as a retailer, approximately 200,000.00 on actual display.
* We are equally experts in most turntables, and possess the largest original part inventory anywhere ( original parts only, Linn, Rega, Nottingham etc ).
* SPI is a full service and knowledge based dealer, we do service what we sell as new ( details in store ). However we have never been discounters and do not compete on price.
* SPI makes it a point, not only to maintain one of Canada's largest inventory, but we also make it a point to have many components that are only available right here in Canada.
OUR GARANTEE : SPI is extremely fact based. We do not feel the need to compete with anyone but ourselves. All that matters to us here is that when you leave our little corner of our world, is that you think to yourselves ( like Arnold S )... " I will be back ". For us, that is good enough.
Our original SPI mantra
Our first mandate is to offer quality 2 channel gear to our clients. We have never swayed from this. We tend to offer more on display gear than most shops anywhere and we are very unique that we keep a point of ethic and truthfulness in everything we do, including our very popular website. SPI is knowledge and service based company. We try our absolute best to provide the best service anywhere. Our word is our bond, always. Should we fail, we will make it right. We never fail.
We are great believers in the original idea that what we provide should be "the right box, for the right application to the right person". Our standards are very high where our clients are concerned, on the latter, we do not waver. We are not for everyone, we are for like minded individuals that demand high standards in servicing their audio needs. For those looking for a discount house, we are not for you and nor do we specialise in this sphere.
Unique yes, very hard core perhaps, but are standing the test of time with old and new clients alike.
Here are some improvements that our clients have begun to see this year.
Corporative Changes since December 2017
* For affordable systems or components, as of now, no appointments required.
* Analogue rigs are now front and center on most working systems starting March 2018
* We now have simplified our entry and affordable line ups.
* We have done much work simplifying our vast inventories to permit better marketing focus
* High end components need a 2 hours window for preparations, 2 days required for entire H/E systems
* We now provide privacy while private listening sessions are taking place for H/E systems
* We now tend exclusively to our clients where repairs are concerned
* The transportation for our repairs has increased to 2 full years, up from 1 year, on Regular priced items
* Our Linn LP 12 repair and mod services continue untouched till further notice
* Our Linn clients are still covered by us should they have technical issues till further notice
* Official yearly events will now be limited to one or two events/shows a year, down from 5-6 yearly
* Our long established trade in program will now be curtailed on a case by case basis
* Our business colleague's and suppliers now have their own email address for business purposes
* After hours appointments still remain untouched
A kind thank you for your support after all our time serving our community